thePC Advisor magazines tinyulr addresses do not seem to work

Railman 16:58 14 Feb 2015

Hi anyone

PC Advisor last issue has an article on what Google knows about a person. There are acnumber of tinyulr.com addresses which I have put in b to no avail. Would someone tell me what "head over to tinyulr.com/ybntgmn" means - as an example. How does this work as it doesn't in my browzer nor does it if I go to Tinyulr.com website and put the ybntgmn into their search, The mag assumes we all know how to "head over to" and I don't. Paul

rdave13 17:26 14 Feb 2015

Copy and paste the Tinyurl link to your address bar and enter. That particular link you posted isn't healthy.

Secret-Squirrel 17:28 14 Feb 2015

"The mag assumes we all know how to "head over to" and I don't."

It means you type the URL into your browser's Address Bar (the horizontal bar at the very top). Don't type it into a search engine such as Google as it'll never work. When you've done that hit the enter key on your keyboard to get to the site.

Secondly, make sure you type it in accurately as tinyulr.com doesn't exist - the correct address for the site you're trying to reach is tinyurl.com/ybntgmn.

Secret-Squirrel 17:31 14 Feb 2015

"Copy and paste the Tinyurl link ............."

How do you do that from a magazine Dave? ;)

rdave13 17:50 14 Feb 2015

You don't SS, just copy and paste from the OP's post. Duh..

rdave13 17:58 14 Feb 2015

The domain is for sale now :)

lotvic 18:35 14 Feb 2015

tinyurl.com/ybntgmn

The tiny url takes me to the Google Login page, then when I've signed in it goes to my history page.

If I am already signed into my Google account the tiny url takes me straight to my history page.

ergo: you have to be signed into your Google account before the tiny url will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?