Themida ...whats this?

Jlen 21:13 24 Feb 2007

I seemed to have picked this up from a download, when my PC boots up after the 'welcome' screen 2 dialogue boxesappear one says ...Personlised settings for c:\windows\system32\fud exe the other is this Themida demo version 'Advanced Windows Protection System' how do I get rid of this? I can get on to my system by clicking on the Themida dialogue (both boxes disappear)My System restore cannot restore to any earlier points and 'Fud'files are created on the Windows\Prefetch folder...what is this folder?
I am running XP home
Hope you can help as before

thx guys ...and gals

Kate B 21:14 24 Feb 2007

Google is your friend click here

Jlen 11:20 25 Feb 2007

Thx Kate I will give the Themida issues a look, does anybody know anything about the 'Setting Personlised settings for c:\windows\system32\fud exe' file what is it it is a sys32 file ahy is it coming up with this dialogue box can I delete the 'fud exe file' (probably not!)
As always thx in advance, you guys have never failed me yet
LenJam

Jlen 11:26 25 Feb 2007

...what I meant to add re the above,once I get rid of the dialogues in the boot up sequence there is an additional file created in the Prefetch folder ....FUD.EXE-2E7900AC.pf

SANTOS7 11:26 25 Feb 2007

FUD= FairUseData
The FairUse Wizard is a tool for converting your DVD-Video material into a DivX AVI form, if you are useing such a prog that is where the file extension is coming from..

Jlen 14:16 25 Feb 2007

Santos,
I don't use this tool and it is not on my HDD,so I think it is probably something different

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?