THANKYOU Rosemary Haworth!!

six-h 18:18 16 Mar 2008

and Scott Dunn!!
After having done a factory re-set, I was unable to get my PC to talk to my Router, and if I had listened to the people at the Laughingly named "Medion Helpline", I would have purchased a new card to replace my Prism wireless card that they assured me was defunct.
That night, after 10 days of being cut off from the world, I retired early to bed with my copy of PC Advisor and read your article on "Web connection woes"!
Magic!! instant connection!
How I wish you could sort out all the other things that are wrong with my system since following the so called "Medion Helpline" instructions to do a Factory re-set.

rawprawn 18:27 16 Mar 2008

Charming lady.

six-h 18:39 16 Mar 2008

how you know!!
I'm just grateful for her expertise, I think she must have been sitting behind me as I struggled with my machine!
How I wish she were here now!
The rocky road back from 2003 has been long and arduous, and my machine is not by any stretch of the imagination back to a pristine state!
I'm beginning to regard it as "Landfill"

tullie 18:44 16 Mar 2008

Whats magic is that you got a connection whilst reading the mag in bed,lol

rawprawn 20:43 16 Mar 2008

She was on " BBC Working Lunch" last week.
If you are having problems with your computer, post them on this forum and I can almost guarantee
that someone will be able to give you the help you need.

six-h 21:09 16 Mar 2008

rawprawn, I think that will be helping me lift it into the wheelie bin!

wjrt 21:13 16 Mar 2008

the wheelie bin police will catch you. not allowed any more must take to recycling centre for all our good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?