Thank you for any help on this -- laptop advice

Michael4 09:11 20 Apr 2008

Hi,

Anyone who can help, thank you.

Starting a second business, on a shoestring budget, and I need a quality laptop, as in dependable, with the features I need and at a reasonably low price.

Will use it primarily for getting on my web site, updating copy, using email and surfing for research.

Need it to be able to pick up the internet almost anywhere I am and keep the connection.

I am a creative guy, not technologically educated at all, outside of what I know about my desktop.

Thanks again, :)

Michael

Pineman100 11:37 20 Apr 2008

Your planned uses for the laptop don't sound very demanding, so you don't need to aim for a very expensive one. Just make sure that it's wi-fi enabled, so you can connect to the internet anywhere that there's a wireless network available (and that you're entitled to log into).

iscanut 11:55 20 Apr 2008

click here
Have a look at these..I bought a R700 from this site. Excellent laptop and very prompt service. The cheap R60 looks OK for your purpose.

Michael4 12:18 20 Apr 2008

Pineman, and Nuts, I do appreciate the time you took to write.

Pineman100 16:07 20 Apr 2008

Have you got a wireless router at home? If not, you might want to consider stretching your budget to include one. Then you'll be able to use your laptop around the house.

Totally-braindead 18:01 20 Apr 2008

Toshiba as they are good quality units and last well.

No advice on any particular one but assumming its got Vista on it make sure its got a dual core processor and at least 2 gig of RAM otherwise it will be rather slow compared to what you have.

Strawballs 21:36 20 Apr 2008

click here I would recomend that you go with XP for reliability that this company offers and if you want internet from anywhere then you need something like the aircard click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?