Thank U 4 the great tips about Media Players but..

Triprajul 03:34 04 Nov 2009

Greetings:

Thank you for all the great tips about media players but nothing works for me.

I download, with some fructration, the VLC media player from Holland but it doesn't play my DVD. The audio is great but the video is totally scrambled. No picture just a bizarre rainbow of different colors.

I also acted on another suggestion posted on this Forum. I downloaded the KM player from South Korea. My computer doesn't support Korean so the download instructions (they weren't in English or Korean but they were in "dingbat" language) but I did manage to, I think, download the player. However, I did manage, I think, to download the player but when I go to My Computer and click on the Autoplay button for the DVD in question, this program isn't even on the list (although VLC and Windows Media Player (which I don't even have) are). I tried to click on the desktop shortcut for the KMplayer but the program doesn't even work for these DVDs.

This is very fructrating. A computer that doesn't, in this day and age, have a media player all types of media (like DVDs) is like having a computer without electricity.

Basically, and hopefully finally, does anyone know where I can download a copy of Windows MP that doesn't have any viruses or trojan horses attached to it? Any information is greatly appreciated.

weistar 04:42 04 Nov 2009

Here is the download from Microsoft:
Windows Media Player 11 for WindowsXP click here

May it is helpful.

rdave13 04:45 04 Nov 2009

K-lite Codec Pack; click here

BRYNIT 09:48 04 Nov 2009

Triprajul it advisable to keep to the original thread click here

From your original thread I asked are these DVD British or American.

If the DVD's are American they will be region 1 your DVD player may now be set region 2 for Europe and will not play region 1 DVD's.

ArrGee 13:25 05 Nov 2009

I posted on your other thread about GOM Player.

No need for codecs, it'll play pretty much anything (more so than VLC).

click here

iscanut 16:06 05 Nov 2009

In your other thread I gave you a non Microsoft link to download older versions of Windows media Player. Why can't you download one of these ?
I would suggest you keep to one thread as it will get very confusing !

iscanut 16:08 05 Nov 2009
  iscanut 10:45 06 Nov 2009

Both your threads ticked as resolved, but we have no idea as to how you resolved it.

Sea Urchin 12:45 06 Nov 2009

Both threads? At least 4 or 5 on the same subject all ticked resolved with no input from the op.

iscanut 15:35 06 Nov 2009

Makes you wonder why we bother !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)