TG585 Wireless router

nigelld 11:37 12 Feb 2009

All set up fine. Want to add another laptop but cannot recall the key for the wireless router. Where can I find it?

N

mgmcc 11:43 12 Feb 2009

Go into the router's wireless security settings and you may be able to read what the key is. However, some routers "mask" the key with dots or asterisks, like a Password, in which case you may have to enter a new key, make a note of it and use that to reconnect your existing computer(s) and the additional one.

Alternatively, if the WEP/WPA key is a "default" one, it may be shown in a label on the underside of the router, or in the manual.

Graphicool1 13:07 12 Feb 2009

Hi When we went over from dial-up to wireless I had to set up a USB Adapter for my desktop PC. It was a lot of messing about to get the PC to see the Router and visa versa. I thought Oh no I hope I don't have to go through all this again with my wife's laptop?!

She opened it up, switched it on and it automatically detected that there were two local signals. One was ours the other was a neighbours. It asked which one she wanted to connect to. She said 'Our's' and that was that. No programming, no passwords, nothing.

FreeCell 16:12 12 Feb 2009

On some Speedtouch routers the default WAP key is written on the label on the underside.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?