TFT starts going fuzzy

andreakkk 12:02 27 Nov 2005

I have an acer TFT monitor which starts up nicely, works for anything from twenty minutes to a few hours, then starts going fuzzy, accompanied by little spots of purple pixels sprouting up on the screen. Degaussing seems to have no effect.

Now for the really strange bit; although all programs on the screen are fuzzy, the monitor's own adjustment program shows up clearly on the screen, not fuzzy and without any purple pixels. This suggests to me there is a software problem somewhere...

Can anybody help with this one?

SG Atlantis 12:07 27 Nov 2005

update your graphics card drivers? Check leads in the of the monitor and base? Is it over heating?

I don't know, strange one.

Forum Editor 12:08 27 Nov 2005

that there might be a problem with the cable, the connectors, or the graphics card in your machine. Check the cable and connectors, and make sure that the graphics card hasn't worked loose in its socket. If the cable checks out OK, and your computer has an onboard graphics chip on the motherboard, try to connect the monitor to a different computer. If you get the same problem it's the monitor or cable that's at fault - if not, it's the graphics card/chip in your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017