TFT screen entry connections

  [email protected] 10:37 10 Sep 2007

I am shopping around for a TFT and most have the usual PC-Screen connector. Some have an additional DVI connector. One I fancy has "RVB Analogue"! What's that?
Is it the round "phono" type connectors?

  holme 11:10 10 Sep 2007

I'm guessing, do you mean 'RGB' analogue?
If that's it, it means you can connect from an RGB video source such as a Sky or most Freeview TV set top boxes, or DVD recorders/players. Their output needs to be configured to RGB, usually via the set-up menu.

The sockets are indeed phono (RCA) connectors. The problem is converting from a SCART plug on the video source to phono plugs on the monitor; very few AV units have RGB OUT phono sockets.

Does anyone have an easy solution to that please?

If not, another option is to get a monitor with an S-Video socket (4-pin mini-DIN), as they're easy to connect to an S-Video source, using a readily-available SCART adaptor. In quality terms, S-video isn't far short of RGB. But not all video sources (e.g. Freeview boxes) can output video in S-Video format; only RGB or lower-quality 'composite video'.

There's a few more wrinkles to those options, but HTH for the mo. Please come back if you need more info.

  [email protected] 11:48 10 Sep 2007

It probably is RGB, but the specs state RVG so I quoted it. It's likely a website printing error.
Hmmm, I just want it for my PC but I suppose it could be handy to have the possibility to shift it to another room and be able to connect up a DVD player. I will do some more reading up.
Thanks for info holme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?