TFT OR ANALOGUE MONITORS WHICH IS BEST?

ROB/R 10:06 25 Apr 2004

FOR WATCHING TV AND VIDEO EDITING.

961 10:23 25 Apr 2004

19" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 93 will give excellent picture and colour for video editing at much less than the cost of flat screens

Stowit 10:31 25 Apr 2004

I don't know about 'ultimate' performance, but my vote's for TFT. I rarely watch DVD on mine but its fine. It allows you to reclaim desk space, looks smart, & even my humble 15" has a decent size display (bigger than equivolent CR). 17" aren't so exorbatant now.

Gongoozler 10:33 25 Apr 2004

I agree with ROB/R that the best picture you can get is with a Mitsubishi NF screen. These are used in the better Mitsubishi and Iiyama monitors, and are still at a reasonable price. TFT monitors are getting very good, and the prices are coming down. However I still don't find the colours look natural, and they vary according to the viewing angle. Where TFT monitors do win is in the precision of the pixels. Because each pixel position is precisely defined the geometry is precise and text characters are very well defined.

Forum Editor 10:38 25 Apr 2004

you'll do it on the biggest and best CRT monitor you can buy.

TFT screens are great - they use less space and on a good one the picture quality is stunning, but the colour rendition won't be as good for video or image editing as on a quality CRT screen. I use a TFT for general work like editing the forum and writing articles etc., and a 21" CRT for image editing and web design.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?