Text seems to be stuck on word 2000 template?

Saint23 20:00 05 Mar 2003

I can not get new blank documents to load on Word 2000. I seemed to have "saved" text on the word template which can't be deleted. I am only a novice with computers. Has anyone got any what to do?

Lú-tzé 20:22 05 Mar 2003

Do a search for normal.dot - rename to normal.old

Try restarting word and it should be ok.

What that does is delete the usual blank template with a new one.

short-circuit 20:27 05 Mar 2003

Open a new document. Delete out the words. Save the file as Normal1 but make sure you change the File type at the bottom of the Save As dialogue box to Document Template. Close Word.

Go to Search or Find on the Start Menu. Search for files or folders named Normal and in the results look for the Word files Normal and Normal1. Look for the ones that don't have an arrow on them. Arrowed ones are shortcuts and you don't need to worry about them. Click on the file name 'Normal' once, wait two seconds and then click on it again. This will highlight the file name and allow you to change it to something else. Change it to Normal2, so that you can find it again if you need it.

Click on the File named Normal1 once, wait two seconds and then click on it again. This will allow you to change the file name to just Normal.
When you have done this, click somewhere else on the screen.

Once you have made sure that your clear document loads, you can go back to the Search and Search for Normal again. Click on Normal2 and delete this file.

Scott

Now open Microsoft Word and it should load with a blank page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?