Text on DVD

michaelmas 17:58 08 Oct 2005

I have been asked to produce a document for distribution among members of a gardening club. The document will contain text and photographs and will be available as a printed booklet and as a CD for viewing on a PC. This presents no problem as the CD version will be in .pdf format.

It has been suggested that for non-computer owning members, a DVD version to be played on a TV would be welcome. I am not sure that this can be achieved satisfactorily; I assume that the photos can be incorporated into a `slideshow' , but the text presents a problem.

I am competent at producing DVDs of home videos using Pinnacle Studio, but do not know if this can be adapted or whether a completely different technique is required.

Kenneth-266656 18:08 08 Oct 2005

Would it not be possible for you to record the sound onto the the DVD as speech rather than print using your Pinnacle Studio application?

michaelmas 15:44 15 Oct 2005

Thanks for the tip, Torwalker.
I had thought of this but as there are 4 pages comprising plant names in Latin, I baulked!.

I think that I have pursuaded them to stick with CD and/or hard copy.

Many thanks

Fellsider 16:13 15 Oct 2005

One way round this, depending how much text is involved, would be to add the text to the images before saving the final version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?