Tevion TV7134 Tuner Card - How do I get Freeview?

GibsonSt19 15:37 18 Jan 2005

Any boffins know how I can get freeview channels to my PC?

I have a pace Sky Digibox, and the above TV Tuner (from Aldi today).

What cables do I need etc to get a good picture. Using the normal TV arial straight from the wall into the TV Tuner provides a very pants picture :(

Your thoughts as always are most welcome

Stuartli 15:43 18 Jan 2005

As far as I'm aware the Medion TV card is terrestial TV only.

You need a Freeview PCI card such as the TwinHan VisionPlus DTV ter at just over £50 including delivery from:

click here

I've had one for about two months and it brings in all the 74 Freeview TV and radio transmissions from Winter Hill with first class picture and sound quality.

GibsonSt19 15:45 18 Jan 2005

that this card does allow freeview. I just don't know how to set it up :(

GibsonSt19 15:46 18 Jan 2005

It's Tevion

Stuartli 16:00 18 Jan 2005

PS
Neat little remote control, EPG and Preview facilities as well...:-)

>>It's not Medion though...
It's Tevion>>

There are links...:-))

By the way there are several Freeview/Satellite forums carrying dozens of moans from Tevion TV card buyers who can't get it to work, as well as those that bought the recent Medion system with the card....

Several patches been issued to try and cure fault apparently.

GibsonSt19 16:02 18 Jan 2005

Where on earth do I find these patches?

More importantly, how do I need to connect my freeview box and the tuner together to get any sort of result?

Modo 16:02 18 Jan 2005

Sounds suspiciously like the Philips 7134 chipset that is in the Aldi Medion 8383XL.

That machine came with some untested & quite appalling software called PowerCinema or HomeCinema from CyberLink.

The card - if the same - can be made to work barely functionally with BlackGold. It is nice looking software but I have advised strongly against using it with the Philips card on other forums.

LifeView TV has had slightly better reports with the card

click here

If it is the same card you'll find a wealth of information about software people have tried at

click here

Stuartli 16:14 18 Jan 2005

As the Tevion card provides Nicam sound and FM radio its Freeview qualifications seem doubtful, especially at under £30..:-)

Stuartli 16:20 18 Jan 2005

Modo has included one of the main complaints forums to which I alluded in his posting.

Stuartli 17:39 18 Jan 2005

Some more Tevion TV Card links:

click here

click here

Modo 18:30 18 Jan 2005

My daughter has the TwinHan product recommended by Stuartli. it is the USB external vdeersion plugged into the Medion with the 7134 card - says it all.

I thoroughly recommend the TwinHan card. All I know about the 7134 is every software I used with it was a complete nightmare. The OEM PowerCinema supplied with the card spiked the CPU (P4 3.4!!!) to 1000% just om scheduling a record. As clinked previously a patch that works for some has now been released - bit I'm not going there again!

The BlackGold which to be fair was never meant to be for this card is a fabulous looking piece of software. Unfortunately it freezes with the 7134 if you try and rescan after your initial attempt. It also won't record with this card. & it litters the Registry to boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?