testing php form with xampp: where does email go?

rolmes 12:03 22 Jun 2007

hello,

i've been getting into a bit of a mess with this one - v.grateful for some advice. i recently installed xampp in order to test website forms that use a combination of html & php. there weren't any probs installing xampp and it runs fine. i then obtained an example of how to use a html file to input form data and a php file to send this data to an email address - fine. the two work together and are stored in the same file. when i work with xampp in the local environment i can open the html file in a browser, fill in the form, and send the file, and i receive the confirmation message (as i should) that the data has been sent etc. but where has this gone to?

i have tried sending it to my email address (as advised) but this does not work (unsurprisingly because i am offline in the xampp environment at the time). i then read that xampp does not supply a mail server and this was needed - so i downloaded hamster (fine) and tried sending the html/php to these places (admin, localhost etc). the hamster log file shows that the file is being sent, but again, where to?

any advice gratefully received.

rolmes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone