Tesco Music Downloads

pj123 13:11 01 May 2006

I have just done my first ever download from Tesco Music.

It is an album that I have been trying to find for a long time.

Downloaded fine. No problems. It is in .wma format. I have burnt it to CD which, according to the Tesco site Q&A I have a licence to do so. It also states that, once burnt to CD it will play on any CD player exactly the same as if I had bought the CD from the shop. Doesn't appear to be the case. The CD plays fine on the PC but when I try it on my Hi-Fi CD player, although the tracks show, there is no sound. I have tried to find a way of converting the tracks to .cda but nothing works.

EG. "You can burn your music to CDs making album mixes that you want to listen to, and then play them in exactly the same way that you would a CD bought in one of our stores. You can transfer your music to a portable music player and take your music with you wherever you go."

Other Q&As from: click here

Anybody able to help, please?

pj123 13:20 01 May 2006

Just tried another converter but got a message:

"Microsoft's licence does not allow transcoding of wma files to any other format"

So, looks like I am stuck to only playing these files on my PC.

Unless someone knows different???

pj123 15:45 01 May 2006

Think I might have sussed this one. I just tried to burn to CD using Nero 6.6.1.4 again.

This time, having dragged the files across I clicked on Burn and just left it to run while I did something else on my other PC. Nothing happened until after about 5 mins 39 secs then it started to burn. The total time was 10 mins 43 seconds but it is now a .cda CD. So should play in any CD player, and indeed it does.

Now I have it as a normal .cda file I can copy to my MP3 player as well.

Ticked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?