terrible in Firefox

Staszek 16:09 21 Feb 2005

Hi I have a website that works well in most browsers but the graphics DO NOT work in 'Firefox'
Can someone help me please

Diodorus Siculus 17:21 21 Feb 2005

Is it your firefox or everyones? If yours, check that images are not disabled.

Can you post a link to the site so that people can see it and maybe look at the offending code.

Staszek 20:34 21 Feb 2005

Hi Diodorus the address of the site is www,birdspoland.com.pl anyone is welcome to look and offer advice. Les

Diodorus Siculus 21:02 21 Feb 2005

Shows images on firefox for me - firefox 1 on suse9.2

Diodorus Siculus 21:04 21 Feb 2005

Mind you, there are none on the front page. should there be? click here

Staszek 21:14 21 Feb 2005

Hi Diodorus,
The site is supposed to be the same as in windows. The strange thing is I have the site on my desktop and from there it's perfect. I think I should point out here that I'm an ABSOLUTE NOVICE with computers. Les

PurplePenny 21:15 21 Feb 2005

Your background images don't work in Firefox, Mozilla or Opera 7 so I suspect there is some proprietary IE code in there. Put your pages through the W3C validator click here and you will quickly find out what it is that Fx/Moz and Opera don't like.

Staszek 21:17 21 Feb 2005

Thanks fourm member for your valued advise. Les

Staszek 21:23 21 Feb 2005

Hi everyone' this is part of the text I received from W3C. I don't understand it. Les
'I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information it is impossible to reliably validate the document. I'm falling back to the "UTF-8" encoding and will attempt to perform the validation, but this is likely to fail for all non-trivial documents'.

Staszek 21:24 21 Feb 2005

I really can't thank you guys (sorry if there are ladie) enough for your help.

Staszek 05:52 22 Feb 2005

Fourm member the site was actually created by my young Polish nephew and he did a lot of writing of HTML and he also used a lot of jave from a company called 'Swish'. Other than that I don't know too much about how he did it. Thanks though for all the wonderful support. Can I ask your overall opinion of the site? Les

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017