Tenda Broadband Router Connection

John319 18:02 21 Aug 2008

I ordered a W302R Wireless-N Broadband Router thinking that I would just be able to plug my phoneline (RJ11) into the back like my old Netgear router.
Turns out instead of having this port it has WAN socket (same input as Ethernet) and I have no idea what to connect it to.

Do I have to buy a modem to use this router? If so are there any that would allow me to get anything over 54mbs since this router is apparently capable of 300mbs.

Theres a copy of the manual on here:
click here
(As you can see its not very helpful)

Any help would be appreciated as I am completely baffled by this =S
-John-

ambra4 18:24 21 Aug 2008

Connect an Ethernet Cable between the router's WAN Port and your present Modem Ethernet Port.

Connect a second Ethernet Cable between the PC's network card port and Port 1 of the Router's LAN Ports

Power on the Modem when fully booted with all lights displayed

Power on the Router when the router is fully up and running

Now launch your web browser and type the Router's IP address access code, which you will find in the manual, into the browser address bar

This will open the configuration pages to set up the router and wireless networking.

Once the router set-up is completed and you have SAVE the setting log out and close browser

Check that you can access the Internet

John319 19:13 21 Aug 2008

Thanks,
I've tried this but I still can't access the internet through the new router wired and wireless. I've also tried using WDS but I can't seem to get that to work either.
I think I'm just going to have to admit defeat, return this one and buy a modem router.

Thanks again for the help
-John-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Best Free Video Tutorials for Drawing and Painting

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie