Templates Window XP - where is it

Rhodie 14:45 02 Jun 2004

Just upgraded from window 98 SE to Windows XP professional. Save my templates form Windows 98 in a folder, now want to transfer into correct folder on XP - where do I find it?
Also, where is the facility in XP to open a template - on windows 98 - start button, scroll to new document which opened templates - can't find this facility on XP, currently having to open word, file new document.

hugh-265156 14:50 02 Jun 2004

try right clicking start/explore

navigate to c:\program files\microsoft office\templates

right click this and choose 'send to/desktop (create shortcut)'

drag this to the start all programs menu if you want also.

Fruit Bat 15:00 02 Jun 2004

Have you installed office on your new XP machine?

Templates are part of the office program

Rhodie 15:10 02 Jun 2004

Huggy
when I follow your instructions, that's not what I'm looking for.
I want the folder which my own personal templates were filed in when I used 98SE which I think were in: -
windows/applications/microsoft/templates.
The folder you have told me to put them in lists all the templates for office.
I am trying to save the bother of having to save each template which is on my external drive with save as/template.

Rhodie 15:12 02 Jun 2004

Fruit bat
yes, Office now installed on XP machine.

hugh-265156 15:25 02 Jun 2004

im not sure what you are wishing to do here sorry.

is this a folder of saved templates you created yourself?

did you not save this folder to cdr before installing xp? if you did then just cut and paste it from the cdr to your desktop or any folder you like.

wee eddie 18:26 02 Jun 2004

Your templates would probably have been part of M$ Office Suite. Unless you deleted Office, they will still be there.

If you deleted Office without saving the Templates. Then I'm afraid their probably gone!

Rhodie 19:12 02 Jun 2004

When I upgraded to XP I also had new hard drive installed. Saved my own templates to external hard drive and my intention was to drag them into templates folder. Have now figured it out, eventually after alot of searching I found the folder in C/Documents & settings/user/application data/Microsoft/Templates.
Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?