%TEMP% - can they be deleted

Ankermi31 11:45 16 Mar 2006

Operating Windows XP

As I thought there might be some "missing files" as there is a "new user" on the system I ran %TEMP% and yes, found a number of Word documents which I happily deleted.

BUT there are a load of other files in there.
None seem to be DLL. There are XML/TMP/DTD
files. Can I safely deleted these or should they be saved - no idea what they are!!

ACOLYTE 13:24 16 Mar 2006

Try this click here it will search and delete all the temp files and more.Quite a few peole on here including me use this and its always behaved nicly.

Ankermi31 16:11 16 Mar 2006

Acolyte many thanks, but I do not want the Yahoo downloads so have not downloaded.

Have 649 files in tmp can I safely delete all?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:22 16 Mar 2006

The programme Acolyte highlighted is not a Yahoo download. It is called Ccleaner and is one of the best freeware programmes ever. Use it and it will safely delete all the rubbish on your computer. It is less than 1Mb, I have used it for 2 years and comes highly recommended on this forum. It is safer than doing it manually. If you want to delete amnually you can delete all the files in Temp but I would advise using Ccleaner.

G

Ankermi31 20:32 16 Mar 2006

Hi there Gandalf and Acolyte, Well tongue in cheek I did as you both suggested. Gosh what a lot of rubbish - I hope - disappeared. The system is logging on as new!

Thank you both very much I very much appreciate your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?