'Tell a friend about this site' link

machins 06:44 08 Oct 2006

I want to add an Email link on the front page of my site so visitors can forward the URL by email to friends etc. How do I do this?
Thanks

STREETWORK 08:16 08 Oct 2006
  machins 08:42 08 Oct 2006

Thanks Streetwork. Understand moat of that except 'make sure the email address is yours'.
I would like visitors to send an email to their friends recommending my site with a link in the message with my site's URL. In other words all they would have to do is enter thier friend email address and press SEND.
I can't think how this may be done but I've seen it on other web sites.
Thanks

STREETWORK 08:57 08 Oct 2006

What you need is a simple script/form which will allow visitors to end a link you a friend. If you do a google search for a 'mailform script' there are several to choose from. It is worth remembering visitors are not likely to send page links to friends for fear of sending unwanted items... There is also the risk that their ISP smap filters would block it...

barryoneoff.co.uk 10:37 08 Oct 2006

from being abused by spammers, you may be better off with a form leading to a php script. If your host supports php this is the best way.

Try mine out (it's on almost every page) and if you like it contact me and I'll send you the simple php script I wrote to run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?