Telewest Broadband and Wireless Netgear

jaxnian 12:53 12 Sep 2006

have just purchased a new laptop. installed telewest broadband and have also tried to install a netgear wireless router to the T as per instructions and it keeps telling me it cannot find a connection.......help

De Marcus™ 12:54 12 Sep 2006

Which model netgear router?

It was a DSL (not ADSL) type wasn't it?

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:46 12 Sep 2006

This is cable is it not, you will have a cable modem to receive the Broadband, you will need something like the "netgear wireless router for cable Broadband", to plug into the cable modem

mad1234 15:54 12 Sep 2006

for telewest broadband you get a broadband modem. if you want to go wireless you still have to have the modem plugged in therefore plug the router into the modem NOT the phone line

Kate A 16:35 12 Sep 2006

As mentioned above, you need to make sure your wireless router is 'cable' and not ADSL. I had some problems initially which were solved by some great assistance here on the forums - click here)

I'd recommend a Sitecom Wireless Broadband Router WL153 - click here - it gives good signal strength and I haven't had any problems since installation.

Hope this helps

Kate A

jaxnian 08:16 13 Sep 2006

thank you all for your replies. Nothing wrong with the router or modem but the new pc is defunked! taking it back to pc world and will try again.....hopefully it will take less than the 3 days talking to india and the rest of the world to try and get up and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?