Telewest (blueyonder) Broadband and Belkin Router

alexgray104 18:11 14 Feb 2006

Hi All,
I have a packard bell iConnect desktop on which the telewest engineer hooked up my broadband to. I have now also purchased a laptop and Belkin router (the one that requires a seperate modem) I have connected all the wires up according to the diagrams and the setup gets as far as "searching for internet connection". After the 10 attempts it asks me to switch the router off and back on again. After this it still says the problem has not been fixed and I should give Belkin a ring. But I was wondering if you could help. The internet light on the router flashes, if this is any help.
Many Thanks for your much appreciated help.
Alex

alexgray104 18:42 14 Feb 2006

anybody??

Fingees 19:04 14 Feb 2006

It is easier to give Belkin ring.
It is a free telephone number, and they can talk you through it.

mgmcc 20:25 14 Feb 2006

I have used a "wired" Belkin Router in conjunction with a separate Belkin Wireless Access Point. I have also used a Buffalo 802.11g router, all with Telewest/Blueyonder. When setting up both of these systems, when it got to the point of checking the internet connection, it failed. If I ran the Setup again just now, it would still fail the check!

That didn't stop the router from working though. As long as you have configured it to use a "direct" connection, and you powered the modem off for a few minutes before switching it back on and then powering on the router, you should have internet access. With Cable broadband, there really is nothing to configure and no dialup type connection to establish, it's just the same as plugging directly into a network.

You can check in the router's Setup pages if it has got its IP address from Telewest and your PCs should have IP addresses in the 192.168.2.xxx range.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?