Television Scart Sockets

Newuser939 12:54 08 Jul 2007

I have posted a similar question in the Digital Forum, but suspect that more people visit the Helproom, so I am re-posting it here.

My TV has three scart sockets. When I connect a device to one of those sockets (eg digi-box, DVD player etc) I get very occasional break up of the picture or complete freezing of the picture. As the same thing happens whatever I connect and whichever of the three sockets I use and whichever of a number of cables I use, I think that I can rule out a problem with the external device, cable or just one of the sockets. It is as if the TV is occasionally failing to process correctly the information it is receiving through the scart sockets. I know nothing about electronics. Does anyone, therefore, know whether there would be a single component within the TV which would be linked to all three sockets and so which could be causing this problem?

octal 13:51 08 Jul 2007

I suspect there is a problem with the TV, can you try the devices and cables in another TV just to eliminate them?

eedcam 14:32 08 Jul 2007

Have you a vcr you can use if that runs fine its not the tv .The digi box breaking up is one of the joys of digital reception either reception problem or some channels have poor transmission at times .The dvd player not quite the same you donr often get pixellation on commercial dvd's but not impossible . Try the vcr and see what happens.Also the 3 sockets wont provide identical inputs and outputs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone