Telephone recording software...

spuds 10:40 06 Apr 2006

that can record a two-way conversation via telephone or perhaps mobile connection onto the hard-drive. The conversation can then be transcribed into easy method document form, for future written reference.

I found a selection of download programmes a few weeks ago, which may have been suitable.Seem to have now lost this link, can you help!.

Thanks and appreciation as always.

Stuartli 10:43 06 Apr 2006

I'm sure that you will get a warning about informing the person or persons whose telephone conversations you are recording that you are/would like to do so in advance.

spuds 11:56 06 Apr 2006

Stuartli-- Your reply as nothing to do with my request for programme information.But to cover your point I will take all the necessary steps required by law, as is always the case when I conduct any business.

I would also point out, then when I am informed by other people that they are monitoring the conversation for 'training purposes', and I am going to inform them that I am going to do likewise. I will not be in the habit of terminating the conversation by 'putting the phone down', which as happened to me on more than one occasion.

Stuartli 12:16 06 Apr 2006

I appreciate that, just proffering the warning that is always made in similar threads.

These may help in some ways:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

There are many others.

squillary 16:46 06 Apr 2006

Could someone point me to the legislation or a summary of it?

I only ask to get a clue what the problem is, not to discuss it here - it's bound to end in tears.

squillary 16:46 06 Apr 2006

Could someone point me to the legislation or a summary of it?

I only ask to get a clue what the problem is, not to discuss it here - it's bound to end in tears.

pj123 18:34 06 Apr 2006

My Panasonic ansafone machine connected to my phone line automatically records two way conversations. I have never had any problems with it. What is the problem?

spuds 10:39 08 Apr 2006

I also have a telephone answer machine and service, which gives pre warning messages, and in nearly every case, someone will leave a message, except of course cold callers.

Coming back on my original question, I have located a couple of programmes which I am in the process of testing. Basically, what I was looking for, was a voice transcript system, that could be adapted to easy written copy form. Saves the old type Dictaphone method, of typewriter and headphones!.

Will put this to bed.Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone