Telephone calls problems.

prince midas 14:28 09 Oct 2009

I am on a full Tiscali package for line,Calls and Broadband and it is a good deal & I do not want
to change.
This week I have had 6 calls from TalkTalk telling me they can cut my rate,which they cannot.They are ringing me every day once or twice and ignore my reply to leave me alone,how do I stop them ringing me?

Also for the last 4 days I get another call at least once or twice a day from I do not know,and when I answer it there is no one on the line and I have to clear the line otherwise the line is blocked which could be a problem if I go on holiday. It may be another dialer and have nothing to do with TalkTalk,what do I do?

Technotiger 14:50 09 Oct 2009
  woodchip 15:34 09 Oct 2009

You need to read this,click here
and you would be better with TalkTalk

prince midas 11:22 10 Oct 2009

What upsets me & my wife is that since telling you about our problems with talk talk silent and also received calls.We have had 6 more calls usually an indian sounding male or female voice and although we have asked them to stop ringing us usually around 12.30 lunch or 6.30 evening they are still ringing us.Why cannot they respect our wishes. We have also had another 4 silent calls,talk talk are obviously not very efficent.

lotvic 13:41 10 Oct 2009

If you get a 'silent call' then it is a computer generated call. The machine notes the time of day that you are in and for the real operative to ring you.
Try repeatedly tapping the # key (about 10 times) on your telephone to confuse the computer and with a bit of luck it will not ring your number again.

If you don't want to talk to the operative when they do ring then just say "Hold on please" and leave the phone off the hook (so they are talking to themselves) for as long as it takes for them to get fed up and disconnect at their end.
If you are feeling particularly devilish you can put the radio with music playing next to the telephone so they have something nice to listen to while they are waiting.... :)

Revenge can be quite satisfying :))

Sparkly 13:54 10 Oct 2009

prince midas
I allso had the same promlem with them just after xmas after the first call they made to me saying that i could get a far better deal with them rather that BT (told them i was happy with BT) they must have been calling me two-three times a day, after a while i just let it ring when i saw it was the same number, then they got clever and started to get calls (caller ID) showed international we have family in Canada & Spain and it allways comes up "international" even though we have thier names stored, and after about 2 months of this and not answering they were coming in as withheld, seems to have died off now thank god but every now and then they still try very annoying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?