Teknum- virus scan integrator

hatrickj 12:43 22 Jun 2005

A freeware program to private users that claims to make easy the operation of two scanning programs; that some programs are better at finding worms, others trojans, for instance.

Has anyone a view on the theory, the claims, the company and its products?

I have Avast installed but occasionally exchange it for AVG that I have saved on file.

Belatucadrus 13:12 22 Jun 2005

I've been aware of Handybits freeware for some time, it's all user friendly and quite effective, but in no example is it the best available, there are far better zip programs and erasers available. As to having two Anti Virus programs on a PC, from bitter experience trying it when I was a newbie, this is high on my list of things not worth doing. When Anti virus programs clash, the results can be very destructive.
If you want a backup check I'd prefer one of the on-line scans like Trend Housecall click here or Panda Activescan click here
If you still really want a second AV program, have a look at ClamWin click here as it doesn't include an on-access real-time scanner and as such is less likely to get in a frazzle with your primary AV software.
As to the virus scan integrator, because of the potential problems, I've never bothered with it. But with the proviso that two active AV scanners with real time cover is a very bad idea, at least one should have that facility disabled. Don't see why it shouldn't do what it claims.

hatrickj 14:49 22 Jun 2005

//When Anti virus programs clash, the results can be very destructive// B, I do not have them running together at any time; when I want to run AVG, I'd disable/uninstall Avast and enable/install AVG and vice versa. But generally I will heeed your warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires