technical help needed with violence lock on a game

Shorty123 20:03 14 Dec 2004

Hope this is allowed here...Soldier of Forune Special Edition...haven't played it for a while, tried today and it says the violence lock has been activated so I can't play the full game with gore. I am the only adult in the house and have never "locked" the violence button. Tried uninstall via add/remove, searched for any files left, cleaned the registry with regseeker but on reinstallation it says "game was previously installed with violence lock, you need a password". I am very adult (44!) if not mature and have tried all my usual passwords, despite being sure I have never applied the violence lock. Any ideas??

ACOLYTE 20:15 14 Dec 2004

Im not sure but have you tried the gold patch for it,you may even have the patch with the game but it may help,its about 100 odd meg if i remember right.

ACOLYTE 20:17 14 Dec 2004

(5.) Q: I have forgotten my password, but I want to change the violence settings. What do I do now?

A: This is a little bit trickier because we at Raven didn't want a child to simply uninstall and then reinstall the game in order to bypass the password protected parental lock feature so we created it so that this was not possible. If you are having troubles with this, contact technical support directly. The best way to avoid the hassle is to remember your password!

From click here
so maybe support at ravensoft can help.

Shorty123 20:19 14 Dec 2004

Thanks for that Acolyte, I am sure I dont HAVE a password to remember but I'll try contacting them via your link. Cheers.

Shorty123 08:59 15 Dec 2004

Thanks for your help, I emailed Activision and received detailed instructions this morning (quick response) on editing the registry - it worked, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?