Technical Hard Drive Information

23790954 14:00 19 Sep 2009

Hello to all you good forum users again.
I have just updated my system, from a socket 939, to an Intel LG775 with DDR3 memory etc.
Everything has went fine, except for one thing with the hard drive, which I cannot fathom out.
Maybe some of you kind folk who are more adversed to these things can advise me.
As I say, everything, including the hard drive, is working perfectly, but the hard drive used space, on both the Windows XP system reading, and on my own hard drive manager, shows that I have used 119 gig of my 250 gig hard drive. NEVER. As I have not even finished installing all the software, I had on previously, this Cannot be right.
Can anyone shed any light on how or why, the system is showing that I have used A LOT more of the hard drive space than I actually have.
Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Sea Urchin 14:08 19 Sep 2009

Did you reformat the whole drive, or have you perhaps added your new installation to the previous?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:10 19 Sep 2009

Sequoiaview (500K) click here

will show you what s using the space

23790954 14:06 20 Sep 2009

Sea Urchin, Yes, I did format the full hard drive, during the new XP installation, thats why I am so surprised that this has occurred. Never happened before. Many thanks anyway.
I will download and use Fruit Bats suggestion which will hopefully explain why so much of the hard drive is used. Many thanks for that Fruit Bat /\O/\

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?