tech advice on correct ram for my desktop pc

[email protected] 14:06 26 Dec 2013

to upgrade to max of 8gb I need to fit 4 x2gb 240 pin ddr3 1.5v 1333 speed cards. yesterday while spending the day with my son he gave me 4 cards which he had spare, which match my spec except that the voltage is 1.6 instead of 1.5 and the speed is 1600 and not 1333. my son who works in IT thinks that they will work but just slightly slower. what I want to know, is he correct, or will I harm my pc by fitting these cards. I need to know this before I start because I have to move a lot of stuff to be able to disconnect my tower unit and then fit the ram, and I do not want to waste time etc. if anybody can help me with this it would be most appreciated, as I do not want to wait until start of jan before I can ring somebody, after there exmas break.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 26 Dec 2013

Yes it will run OK

spuds 15:55 26 Dec 2013

I would also possibly suggest that you do not use an email address on a open forum. It may invite spam or other unwanted events.

I would also suggest that you test the new installation, before returning the computer or other items to their original location and perhaps waste time if things do not work out right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017