Teamviewer for remote accesssing problem.

computerdiv 16:14 22 May 2013

Hi, hello to every one. I have just started using teamviewer for remote accesssing my PC I am having problems accessing anything through the my computer icon. I wish to view network files on my nas but after double clicking on the my computer icon it hangs forever near the end of the address bar (Green loading bar). I tried to go through the search function for network but didn't even get as far as the loading green bar in the address bar. I can access my pictures,documents and music instantly. Everything else is inaccessible for the same reason.

Question: Am I being blocked from accessing these files by my router or something and how can I get around this issue?

mgmcc 13:38 23 May 2013

Have the folders that you're trying to access been shared with the appropriate permissions, so that they can be accessed remotely?

alanrwood 21:13 23 May 2013

I don't think that they need to be shared as Teamviewer is controlling the remote machine. In fact I have never had an access problem using Teamviewer even on machines that were not connected to a network. This sounds more like a password protected NAS box and it bvis hanging awaiting a password input but I am only guessing. Maybe its an incoming firewall block

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone