Taskbar stays on when Gaming

Colspeed 17:29 22 Mar 2010

I've just gone back to DIRT2 and after loading the game I still see the Taskbar at the foot of the screen and the 'Minimise/Maximise' bar at the top.
Never used to be there so guess I've changed a setting somewhere but have no idea what.
Can anyone please tell me how to run game without the top and bottom strips?
Thanks

Pineman100 18:13 22 Mar 2010

I can't help you, but it will be easier for others to do so if you specify your operating system version.

Colspeed 18:30 22 Mar 2010

Yep, you're right, thanks. I'm using 64bit Windows7 on an i7 CPU and 5870 ATI graphics.

FreeAndy 22:02 31 Mar 2010

I have exactly the same problem and would like to know how to avoid seeing the taskbars when playing dirt2.
I have just installed Windows 7 64bit + updates, have a 5850 videocard (with drivers Catalyst 10.3)and am using Steam as the source of the free copy of dirt2. I haven't used Win7 or dirt2 before so I have no previous comparison. I haven't tried any other games on Win7 so I don't know if it is unique to dirt2.
Thanks for any advice (unless it's of the "go back to XP" variety, because I'm already tempted).

Colspeed 16:47 02 Apr 2010

Interesting that you too have experienced the same issue with Dirt2 on Steam. The best I can do is to Auto Hide the Taskbar while playing the game - just leaves the top which you can live with. I'm also running Windows7 and Dirt2 is the only game (I have) that does this. BTW, it started OK for a couple of months but went wierd for no apparent reason and could do nothing about it. It's my only Steam game (free with video card like you I s'pect) and will be the last. Not impressed.

rdave13 16:53 02 Apr 2010

Try pressing and holding ALT key then press the 'ENTER' key.

Colspeed 12:46 03 Apr 2010

Tried that. Steam suggested it too. Doesn't work!!

FreeAndy 19:27 06 Apr 2010

ANSWER: ALT + Enter
Codemasters' helpdesk suggested the same thing as rdave13 (thank you).
It worked for me, I had to press it a few times when the game was starting up and the game went to full-screen before the start video.

Graham. 20:33 06 Apr 2010

Try F11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache