Taskbar Livebox icon?

Ankermi31 15:24 12 Jul 2008

OK I am now Orange wireless on my desktop and laptop and have offloaded my Speedtouch Modem from the desktop.

I see that I no longer have an icon bottom right which shows the speed that I am downloading

Two questions.

Should I have something in the bottom righthand corner

If so how do I "get it there"?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 12 Jul 2008

Should I have something in the bottom righthand corner

Only if you want to - a little icon of two monitors
if tool tips are enabled aswell then hover over the icon to show "local area connection speed 100mbs status connected"

to get the icon Start - settings -Network connection- highlight Local area connection - properties -general tab - tick box show icon in notification area.

you can do the same for your wireless connection if using wireless instead of the "red cable".

Unforunately this doesn't show the speed of your connection like the speedtouch, it show the speed from networcard to livebox, your linespeed will be dependant on many factors - distance from exchange numer of users on exchange etc.

Ankermi31 21:39 12 Jul 2008

Fruit Bat you really are a star.

I have got the two monitors back on the bottom right task bar and yes they are showing 100mbs, status connected. Phew thats a relief!

Have not yet "done" the laptop but am sure it will work.

I understand your last para, we are not so far from the exchange which is very out of date so with an ever increasing population it is definately over run with users.

Many thanks for your excellent help once more.

Lhoanerin 21:13 03 Oct 2009

interesting to see the placing of monitor icons inm the task bar has been resolved. No one seems to have realized, however, there is another very useful icon - two monitors just the same visually - in addition to the router and ethernet speeds and that is the actual internet download speed. For me this is 7.2mb/s. Trouble is I have to jump on to my wife's machine to check our commonn download speed because I don't know how to get this feature on to mine. Both computers run windows XP and are of very similar age,i.e. "old" PATA IDE systems. Does anyone know how to install this without using third party software because I know it can be done from within Windows itself - if I only knew how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?