Taskbar changes colour

STREETWORK 18:42 29 Apr 2005

My window xp taskbar and windows appearance seem to change all by themselves. Is there a bug here or is it related to something else??? doin me ed in...and I do not sem to be able to change it back.

VoG II 18:46 29 Apr 2005

click here

What actually happens?

bof:) 18:47 29 Apr 2005

Hi STREETWORK,
what exactly are you doing when this happens?

What operating system are you using?

Are your antivirus/spyware programs upto date and have you ran them recently?

has this strange behaviour always happened or is it a recent thing? ie after you downloaded a programe from the net and or have been on a particular website?

Mike

STREETWORK 18:58 29 Apr 2005

Windows XP home edition.

No software has been installed or downloaded from the net for some time.

It happened today on bootup as it was ok yesteday on boot down, if thats the right expression to use. At the moment it is a gey colour rather than the standard xp setting, but the bliss desktop is there.

all anti virus and firewall are up to date and spybot reports no problems, it just kinda happened.

VoG II 19:00 29 Apr 2005

Have you run a program called Easy Cleaner?

VoG II 19:02 29 Apr 2005

You could try a System Restore.

STREETWORK 19:02 29 Apr 2005

No, what is it??

VoG II 19:04 29 Apr 2005

If you don't know then you haven't run it - it was just a thought. Try System Restore.

dogtrack 06:51 30 Apr 2005

Not of any assistance, I know. But the same thing started happening to me the other day. The Taskbar and Toolbars reverted to the original XP style and blue colour ( set as Maple and Windows Classic). This change happens only on a random basis at bootup. The cause, on my machine at least, was the installation of the new Radeon 5.4 graphic card drivers. Given that the Driver upgrade has given me a brilliant FPS increase in my flight sim (over 170 GB of complex frame hungry scenery)I am prepared to put up with it. As the machine in question is dedicated to the Sim, and not for general use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?