Taskbar auto hide doesn't

hssutton 19:23 16 Mar 2015

Taskbar auto hide, windows7 64bit. when using Photoshop/Lightroom, taskbar auto hide often does not 'hide' This creates problems when I want to use plugins in Photoshop, as there is no way to go back into photoshop when adjustments have been made.

Can anyone help with this annoying problem

northumbria61 19:05 17 Mar 2015

Have you currently got the taskbar "locked"? If so you would need to untick then right click again select properties then tick auto hide the taskbar - then finally tick in lock the taskbar

Batch 09:00 18 Mar 2015

You should not need to unlock the taskbar. I often turn on auto-hide when I want an extra bit of usable screen height. My taskbar is always locked and I don't change that when I turn on auto-hide.

However, the taskbar does not auto-hide if the taskbar is the item "in focus" (effectively when it is the active "window") - are you sure that is not the case when you are having problems? Try clicking somewhere other than the taskbar and see if the problem goes away.

hssutton 09:49 18 Mar 2015

Thanks for the replies. I do have auto-hide selected and this works perfectly most of the time. The problem occurs only when using Photoshop CS6 and the 'Nik Plugin-Define' This is a new problem, in the past all has worked OK. As there have been quite a lot of updates recently for W7 I wonder if this could be part of the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?