Taskbar

Molly_Don 21:46 08 Jan 2009

As a follow on from this click here thread, can anyone assist me with getting my taskbar back to normal?

I've not idea how it's happened but my quick launch sites have appeared along the bottom, the blue "e" has disappeared when I try and drag the taskbar down it won't go any lower, but I can drag it up the page, I've unticked quick launch unticked lock taskbar nothings seems to fix it, here is a shot of my screen [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

MAJ 21:57 08 Jan 2009

I have tried to replicate your problem. The way it works for me is this:

Referring to your screenshot:

1. Unlock the Taskbar.
2. Drag the open window tabs until both they and your fav shortcuts are on the same line.
3. Drag that line down to the normal taskbar size.
4. Relock the taskbar.

AL47 21:57 08 Jan 2009

atm your task bar is locked,
right click on the task bar and uncheck 'lock task bar'

you will now see several dotted 'boundary bars'

if you left click and hold othe mouse on the bars you can move them about all over the place

also, you can hold the mouse at the top edge of the task bar and drag it down to one line

Molly_Don 22:10 08 Jan 2009

OK guys, I'm doing as you suggest but arhhhhhhhh.

I've got those dotted lines but nothing happens when I try and move it I get the line with an arrow at either end and try and move it up down but it don't move, then if I lock the taskbar those lines disapear.

Yesterady before this happened, I had those lines and next to it I had that "e".

MAT ALAN 22:14 08 Jan 2009

A simple system restore should resolve your problem...

AL47 22:16 08 Jan 2009

none of the lines move left or right?

Molly_Don 22:19 08 Jan 2009

Right, I'm going to do that Mat Alan

AL47 no none move.

MAJ thanks for your help so far.

Molly_Don 22:46 08 Jan 2009

Right I've done 2 restore points and on both times it says "System restore did not complete sucessfully"

Details: An unspecified error occured during system restore.

Molly_Don 23:41 08 Jan 2009

I just remembered if this makes any sense or helps fix my problem, yesterday my taskbar shot up to the righthand side of the screen, I draged it back down to place it by the start button it's then the screen shot above appeared.

birdface 09:50 09 Jan 2009

When you have unlocked the Taskbar.Right click the Taskbar and select properties.On the left there are 5 boxes I only have the 1st 4th and 5th ticked then do what Maj said and put the mouse curser on the top edge off the Taskbar and try and drag it down to the normal size.If it works Right click the taskbar and tick to lock it.I cant understand why the dotted lines do not move if you have the Taskbar unlocked.I take it you are holding down the left mouse key and dragging them to the Right/left/up or down they should move.

Molly_Don 18:16 09 Jan 2009

Right dam it

Thank you Buteman I've donen everything you suggested and it's still not working, yes, i'm holding down the left hand button.

This is what I get when I untick lock the taskbar but leave quick launch ticked [URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

This is what I get when I untick both lock the taskbar and quick launch [IMG]click here[/IMG]

As you can see here I've got the arrow to move the dotted lines / page up but when I hold down the it never moves!! [IMG]click here[/IMG]

What else can I do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?