Taskbar

Dozy 11:37 15 Jan 2005

My taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the side and I would like to have it back in original position. As my husband was using the computer at the time I do not know what caused the situation. I would be most grateful for help.
Dozy

Jackcoms 11:38 15 Jan 2005

Right click on the Task Bar and drag it to where you want it.

Diodorus Siculus 11:38 15 Jan 2005

Left click on it, hold the mouse button down and drag to where you want it to be.

rawprawn 12:06 15 Jan 2005

Then Right click it and select "Lock Taskbar" then it won't move again

Dozy 12:12 15 Jan 2005

Thanks everyone it has worked except because I have fiddled about it is now on the bottom but double the size. I have also managed to put My computer on it and would like to remove it.

VoG II 12:16 15 Jan 2005

Unlock the Taskbar. Hover the cursor over the top edge until it turns into a double-headed arrow. Hold the left mouse button and drag down. Lock the Taskbar.

Jackcoms 12:19 15 Jan 2005

Try right clicking and dragging 'My Computer' back to the desktop, or wherever you want it

Dozy 12:25 15 Jan 2005

VoG
I wish you were here!! If you could see my antics you would weep. I unlocked the Taskbar got my double headed arrow dragged it and nothing moved till the arrow went below the screen and with it the Taskbar I could see a sliver of blue Taskbar then when the arrow still double headed came back so did the big Taskbar

Dozy 12:30 15 Jan 2005

I've done it!!!! I am so grateful for all your advice and help many, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone