Task Scheduler problem Windows 7

rawprawn 09:56 05 Nov 2010

I opened the Task scheduler to manually set a task and got this message
"Task Despatch Recovery task/The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with"
Any Ideas?
I have looked in Google and tried deleting all tasks and re booting without success

Graphicool1 10:35 05 Nov 2010

Try going to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks
do a search for the name of your task and delete the key.

Also look under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree
If you see a tree with your task name delete it also

Open task scheduler and your error should be gone.

To solve the problem permanently I disabled the Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentification from Local Security Policies >
Security Options.

Also check the C:\Windows\Tasks tree on the system drive for more remnants.

Hopethis helps G1

rawprawn 10:38 05 Nov 2010

Thanks Graphicool1, I will give it a try. I am just doing a full Acronis Backup at the moment so I will try when it is finished.

rawprawn 11:18 05 Nov 2010

MMmm, all the schedule tasks are listed in Tree just as they are when I look in the task scheduler.
I don't really want to delete all the tasks and I don't know which one (if any) is causing the problem. The message was there when I opened the scheduler before I did anything.
I can't find
Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentification from Local Security Policies >
Security Options.

Graphicool1 11:40 05 Nov 2010

I know it's for Vista and you have Win 7, but it's worth a look. But the problem sounds the same and so might the solution be...

click here

rawprawn 12:11 05 Nov 2010

Well, I tried again deleting all the Tasks in the Task Schedule Library. I have got rid of the message, but now have no scheduled tasks.
I will see if I can get them back.

rawprawn 12:14 05 Nov 2010

I think the problem is solved, I just need to reschedule various programs.
I will leave this open for the time being in case anyone can offer other advice

rawprawn 14:02 05 Nov 2010

No luck it's back again with only one task in it.
I have deleted that and now I have no message but no scheduked tasks.

rawprawn 14:40 05 Nov 2010

Re Entered Tasks, message has returned, but all tasks seem to run OK.
I think I will give in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?