Task Manager Options

TN 21:10 15 Aug 2009

I have just had to re-install everything on my computer - don't ask! However before I did this previously when I selected Ctrl, Alt and Del I got a little rectangle in the centre of the screen which gave me the option of selecting from about 6 different boxes (Shut Down, Task Manager etc) Now I go straight to task manager. I have a feeling it is something to do with setting up the Users on the computyer but just cannot remember. Use my age as an excuse!! All help appreciated

woodchip 21:12 15 Aug 2009

to bring up Task Manager, I just right Click the Bar at bottom of screen

woodchip 21:15 15 Aug 2009

Also in Task Manager you will see at the top, Tabs look for a box that you can tick to do what you want

TN 21:45 15 Aug 2009

I know this wood chip, but what I had before was much simpler and very easy to cloase down/restart etc. I can, of course, get Task Manager OK by clicking the three fingered salute but I would just like it to be as it was.

spuds 22:18 15 Aug 2009

You didn't have one of those special download add-ons, which you have now lost with the re-format?.

rdave13 22:26 15 Aug 2009

If you are running XP sounds like a Vista transformation pack. CTRL+ALT+DELETE brings up a full window in Vista with five options. CTRL+SHIFT+ESC brings up task manager in Vista.

TN 10:16 16 Aug 2009

No, I never had any add ons or Vista transformation pack - at the back of my mind I remember that it had something you had to do with the User Files but that is as far as my memory will go!

VoG II 10:33 16 Aug 2009

Maybe this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone