Task Bar

Petesilver 18:42 07 Sep 2005

I seem to have done something and my taskbar has double in size and no way can i seem to get it back to original normal size ?? any suggestions

johnnyrocker 18:44 07 Sep 2005

move your pointer down to task bar til it changes to a vertical left click and drag bar down to the size required.

johnny.

User-312386 18:45 07 Sep 2005

right click> click on lock taskbar. Now drag it down to single layer

Now right click and then lock taskbar

stalion 18:45 07 Sep 2005

put your mouse pointer on the top edge of your taskbar then drag it downwards

Petesilver 18:49 07 Sep 2005

no I have tried all that before i can't even move to dividers and the taskbar is not locked

stalion 18:55 07 Sep 2005

has this just happened? if so try re-booting

BooST 18:57 07 Sep 2005

Just had a look on my one and if you right click on your task bar and go into properties then tack the tick out of lock the task bar and click apply then you should be able to put your pointer at the top edge of the task bar so you pointer becomes double sided then you can drag it back to the required size

Taw® 18:58 07 Sep 2005

Petesilver I had this problem some years back, I will try to find it in my postings. You have to hover the mouse over the divider near the start button until the arrows appear and then a little bit of jiggling is needed, it may be the other little divider further along. I know this sounds a little strange, but I could be more certain once I find it in my post. My taskbar was twice the size and non of the usual things would reduce it.

Taw® 18:59 07 Sep 2005
  Petesilver 19:00 07 Sep 2005

Thanks all but managed to resolve it myself it appears to be to do with the MSVDM i have .......

Jackcoms 19:01 07 Sep 2005

Green tick??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?