Targa computer from Lidl CRASHED by Engineer

woodyturner 15:36 26 Oct 2006

I saw a Targa computer advertised in a Lidl store in Spain and contacted Lidl to get one with English specification. I was told it was not available in England but was available in Scotland, a friend went and bought one for me from Scotland for £799.99.
At first I was really pleased, it had one fault, the noise it made was really bad, as it was in a spare bed room you had to shut it down or you could not sleep next door.
I called Targa and an engineer came a few days later, he replaced the coolin fan, then desater struck,the computer would not boot up. He chanced every thing back but all failed, he said it neede a new hard drive. He returned 4 days lated and put in a new had drive but it was blank, I complained that I wanted a factory disk pre partitioen with all the origonall software installed,but this was not available from Targa. He put in the Windows instalation disk, told me to follow the instructions and then install all the other soft ware. He left and took my origonal hard drive with him, It had my documents and data on it but he would not leave it.
I spent months trying to get Targa to replce the computer hard drive totally preinstalled as supplied new or exchang to computer but they refused. After months of complaints faxes and phone calls, they collected it and it went back to the factory. I asked if they woud fit an extra 512 MB ram and I would pay for it. Weeks later it was returned wit test reports to say they had fitted a new mother board and one to say the RAM had been fitted, the hard drive was my complaint as it was totally unreliable and just kept crashing, I explained this in a letter that went back with the computer. nothing had been done about the software problems and although I had a test report to say the ram was fitted it had not been.After another call to Targa they sent an engineer to fit the ram, but He did nothing about the hard drive. They refused to change the computer or refund me my purchase price. As it had a three year warranty, I complained to the head office of Lidl.Now after months trying to get my money back they tell me that Targa say acording to the records they have, they say I have had the use of it for a year and will not agree to a full refund. I have never had a problem with Lidl, but haveing all the documentation in frot of them they choose to believe Targa. I have managed to ge 75% of my money back, I asked for the balane in the form of a credit note for Lidl and I would purchase a brand new computer but Lidl refused because Targa say I had had it for a year, considering I have been complaining for eleven months, ever since the engineer crashed it and did not repaire it to a state as it was when new
The stupid part is if I had not tried to get it repaired when it was noisy, under Lidl trading terms, I could have taken it back to the store and got a full refund no qestions asked, but I expected Targa to correct a noisy fan and not to crah my computer and leave me to try to sort it out. Lidl may be a good store and Targa computers may well be very good, but between the two of them I have had a years agrivation caused by Targas total incompidence to provide service and repair a problem of that they made.
Why are these firms being so petty, in spite of all the documentation and repair orders why do Lide believ the rubish Targa or why wont Targa just admit it just screwed up.Woodyturner With out prejurdis.

woodyturner 15:52 26 Oct 2006

I saw a Targa computer advertised in a Lidl store in Spain and contacted Lidl to get one with English specification. I was told it was not available in England but was available in Scotland, a friend went and bought one for me from Scotland for £799.99.
At first I was really pleased, it had one fault, the noise it made was really bad, as it was in a spare bedroom you had to shut it down or you could not sleep next door.
I called Targa and an engineer came a few days later, he replaced the cooling fan, then deserter struck, the computer would not boot up. He chanced every thing back but all failed, he said it needed a new hard drive. He returned 4 days later and put in a new had drive but it was blank, I complained that I wanted a factory disk pre partitioned with all the original software installed, but this was not available from Targa. He put in the Windows installation disk, told me to follow the instructions and then install all the other software. He left and took my original hard drive with him, It had my documents and data on it but he would not leave it.
I spent months trying to get Targa to replace the computer hard drive totally preinstalled as supplied new or exchange to computer but they refused. After months of complaint faxes and phone calls, they collected it and it went back to the factory. I asked if they would fit an extra 512-MB ram and I would pay for it. Weeks later it was returned wit test reports to say they had fitted a new mother board and one to say the RAM had been fitted, the hard drive was my complaint as it was totally unreliable and just kept crashing, I explained this in a letter that went back with the computer. Nothing had been done about the software problems and although I had a test report to say the ram was fitted it had not been. After another call to Targa they sent an engineer to fit the ram, but He did nothing about the hard drive. They refused to change the computer or refund me my purchase price. As it had a three-year warranty, I complained to the head office of Lidl. Now after months trying to get my money back they tell me that Targa say according to the records they have, they say I have had the use of it for a year and will not agree to a full refund. I have never had a problem with Lidl, but having all the documentation in front of them they choose to believe Targa. I have managed to get 75% of my money back, I asked for the balance in the form of a credit note for Lidl and I would purchase a brand new computer but Lidl refused because Targa say I had had it for a year, considering I have been complaining for eleven months, ever since the engineer crashed it and did not repair it to a state as it was when new.
The stupid part is if I had not tried to get it repaired when it was noisy, under Lidl trading terms, I could have taken it back to the store and got a full refund no questions asked. I expected Targa to correct a noisy fan and not to crash my computer and leave me to try to sort it out. Lidl may be a good store and Targa computers may well be very good, but between the two of them I have had a years aggravation caused by Targa as total incompetence to provide service and repair a problem of that they made.

Why are these firms being so petty, in spite of all the documentation and repair orders why do Lidl believe the rubbish Targa or why wont Targa just admit it just screwed up. Woodyturner. With out prejudice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?