Taran its done at last

holligan 01:14 19 Oct 2003

3 solid days and nights.Its done click here I have the general idea now so i can change and add as i go.Cheers to your online guide i printed it out and followed iam no good following of screen.Never got the email like you did with button but i may try that later.I will ask a few ? later but this is enough for now.
cheers i owe you a pint or 2.Dont tell me theres to many spelling mistakes i cant stand typing haha
But let me have your expertise to improve.
ps FE youll be glad that web scrapbook got binned cheers for keeping at me not to give up or i would have done.Ive the bug now what you done to me cheers.

User-312386 01:43 19 Oct 2003

1 Take out the "welcome to my site" (you dont need it)

2 in the favourite sections, when you click on the link it opens up in the same page which takes you away from your site. An example is "http : / / www. bbc. co. uk" you have to add the line
" target="_blank" after the quotation marks.

Good site though

tbh72 02:11 19 Oct 2003

You have come a long way in a very short space of time, you should feel proud of your efforts. Now you have the HTML bug you can look forward to countless updates & additions in your search for the perfect website.

Well Done
T

phil 06:58 19 Oct 2003

It took some time getting there but you finally made it. Well done.

Phil.

GroupFC 10:06 19 Oct 2003

Well done. You got there in the end. Now you can go one to greater and better things - LOL!!

1514 10:24 19 Oct 2003

You could take the "A" out of "Whether". I think that you have done a brilliant job.

holligan 11:00 19 Oct 2003

dont understand what you mean about fav links do i type in all what you pt down.

Forum Editor 11:30 19 Oct 2003

and you have, with a little help.

A couple of suggestions:

1. When designing/editing web sites it's essential to remember that this is the World wide web, and that people might visit your site from anywhere on the planet. Make sure that they realise where you are by including information to tell them which country you're in. You could easily do this by changing your homepage text to read:

Welcome to C.W. Garden services
Based in Cottingham, East Yorkshire, UK

That's all you need to do.

2. It might be better to rename the page called 'favourites' and call it 'Links' instead.

3. On your services page, I would delete the large 'Email service' and put a hyperlink underneath the text: "For more information click here". Highlight the words 'click here' and then right-click on them. From the menu that appears select 'Link'. Now, click on the small arrow next to 'Link type' and select 'External'. When the next dialogue box opens, click on the arrow next to 'New link' and select 'mailto'. Now type your email address in the text field alongside, and click on the button marked 'Link' at bottom right of the box.

Publish your changes to the server and you'll have a hyperlink that will open a visitor's email program with a blank email addressed to you. You can refine this process later on, but for the time being why don't you try it?

holligan 11:59 19 Oct 2003

I will try that,but not for a while it took me 12 hrs to remove old site and put this on.Still dont know how i did it i cant remeber what i did just pressed buttons and hoped for the best.I woke up thinking of web sites i think i need a break.cheers

Forum Editor 12:08 19 Oct 2003

There's a lot more to life than web sites. Come back to it refreshed, another day.

Taran 12:59 19 Oct 2003

and you said you couldn't do it !

I'd just like to add my congratulations to those above.

Others have pointed out possible changes you might want to think about so I won't add anything there.

Once you get the hang of some general nuts and bolts the whole thing becomes easier as you go.

Don't ever get lost in the 'I can't do this' mindset: anyone can make their own site and, as you have found, the results can look good.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress from here and for someone who couldn't figure out how to use NetObjects you've come a very long way in just a few days.

Well done !

Best regards

Taran

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017