Tape, vinyl and cd transfer to pc

dogbreath1 13:22 26 Apr 2005

There've been many threads over the past few months regarding the transfer of music from various media onto a pc. It's always been possible (with the right software installed) using a cable connecting hi-fi to pc sound card. Xitel, who produce cable/dac combos to enable pc music files to be played on a hi-fi whilst bypassing the sound card, now have a product available which enables the reverse. By taking the sound card out of the equation, music quality should be enhanced.click here for further details. I can't comment on how good this new product is (I have the older product which is superb) but the spec sounds very good.

Stuartli 13:45 26 Apr 2005

It seems somewhat similar to the ADS Technology device from dabs (£28) which allows the conversion of vinyl and cassette to digital from any audio source, including turntables, TVs, DVD or radio via a USB port:

click here

dogbreath1 13:51 26 Apr 2005

Thanks for that Stuartli. It does seem very similar. Simple but good idea. I hope that these products are as good as the Xitel Hi-Fi link which I use to play pc based mp3 files through my hi fi...it's stunning sound quality!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?