Talktalk's Assist and Go and IE7

cocteau48 18:01 05 Oct 2006

I was connected to TalkTalk Broadband about two months ago without any major headaches and have been generally satisfied with the service. Yes the connection has to be reconfigured on occasions,it can be slowish at times,and the loss of an Email connection over a couple of evenings brought an admission that they were having problems and were working to resolve them.

The major problem on installation was that the Assist and Go software (on the installation disk) could not be accessed,and an Email to TalkTalk querying this brought no satisfactory response.

I was at the time running the Beta version of IE7.
Subsequent to a major system failure and a complete software re-installation I suddenly found that I had access to the Assist and Go software.
What had changed?
The re-installation had replaced IE7 with IE6.

I have since tried the whole scenario again:installing the latest version of IE7/losing the Assist and Go package/going back to IE6/getting Assist and Go back again.

There is obviously some conflict between the two software packages.
If you are thinking of upgrading to IE7 (and are a Talktalk Customer) - BEWARE!-or use Firefox where there do not appear to be any problems.

cocteau48 19:17 23 Nov 2006

I have today received an email from TalkTalk which confirms that their Assist and Go software does not support IE7.
They are addressing the issue but no timescale is advised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?