talktalk/aol

Liza 16:45 30 Jan 2011

Telephone with TalkTalk
I have had problems. I have been with them for a number of years (2004) paying nothing for calls to canada and usa on payment of a fee monhtly plus getting mobile phone calls at a discount again on paying a fee monthly. In February 2010 I went paperless when problems started: my direct debit was cancelled, was being charged for calls to canada and states and getting no discount for mobile calls. I was being charged for no direct debit. After months of queries and even their disconnection of my phone all of above have now been put right. Monthly charge is £12.50+£6.99. I feel this charge is too much. Am I right?

Broadband with AOL. I am paying AOL £10.00 per month since 1997 I think perhaps less before. When I asked TalkTalk for broadband therefore a transfer from AOL (sister company) they said it would cost me £33 per month. I declined their offer. I was looking at the agreement with AOL. It started on 22 January 2010 (I have proof) and finishes in July for 18 months but they are saying it started in May 2010. Can they do this?

Liza

961 17:16 30 Jan 2011

Telephone

May be high. I pay basic BT line rental plus £5 per month to Skytalk which gives 24/7 free calls within UK plus Europe and USA Canada Australia NZ etc

Broadband I pay Madasafish (Plusnet) £7.99 per month on 12 month contract allowing 5Gb per month with £2 per additional Gb

If you are unhappy with what is happening ask for your complaint to be escalated to a senior official for consideration

I'm a great believer in having my line rental with BT for prompt service if the line goes down. But I live in a remote rural area where faults may happen more often.

Many AOL/TalkTalk folk complain that the accounts since the merger do not do the business for them. If you are unhappy make sure you keep records of all letters

robin_x 17:37 30 Jan 2011

Check out other deals (see comparison sites)

Work out how much to terminate early or later and if you can save money by moving ISP.

When ready (maybe now, maybe July or whatever)
Ask for a MAC code.

They should bend over backwards to give a better offer.

click here

Of course you don't actually have to have any intention of changing.

muddypaws 19:21 30 Jan 2011

Liza,
See my thread of a month or so ago.
click here
The telephone number worked wonders for me.
He passed me on to a lady for whom I have nothing but praise.
My problem was different to yours, but she kept in touch all the way through my move and I had no problems.
Worth a try.

Liza 19:38 30 Jan 2011

Thank you all. I do not want to change early and give them benefit of my money. I think both are on the aol agreement because one of the bawds (from philipinnes) I phoned said my agreement with TT expired in 2008 and was never renewed. Muddypaws I will ring that direct no. tomorrow today being sunday. Many thanks, Liza

woodchip 20:24 30 Jan 2011

£12.50+£6.99 is correct for broad band and free evening and weekend calls ps i am on that package

lotvic 20:50 30 Jan 2011

The £12.50 is the line rental and £6.99 is the Essentials package for phone calls and broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?