TalkTalk wireless password

User-F19B448A-819C-4883-991C282DFCFBDA20 19:00 28 Jan 2007

I have Talk Talk broadband and I want to add another computer to my network. The only trouble is I cant find the installation CD or the password to install to this computer. I have the password on one computer but it is not visible,does anyone know how I can see my password or know where to download the installation CD for the wireless Modem???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 28 Jan 2007

Try running network connection wizard on first PC to put settings on flash drive and then run the created file in the second PC.

It should transfer all your settings nd pasword to the second PC.

STREETWORK 19:16 28 Jan 2007

Have you tried TalkTalk website? what is the modem make?

Technotiger 19:21 28 Jan 2007

Hi, if you run this Free download (SIW) you should be able to see the passwords on your pc, under the 'Secrets' heading.

Technotiger 19:21 28 Jan 2007

Ooops ....

click here

Stuartli 19:32 28 Jan 2007
  Stuartli 19:32 28 Jan 2007

By the way TalkTalk's Help and Support pages are as comprehensive, if not more so, than many other ISPs.

howard64 19:53 28 Jan 2007

do you mean the password to go online with talktalk? this is on your go live letter. This can be found using a talktalk phone by dialing there password no. which is on their main site. Or do you mean the password that you put in to a wireless router?

Howard64 it is the password for the wireless rou
ter

howard64 12:36 29 Jan 2007

this is the ssid password you typed in when you first set it up. I take it you have forgotten it? There are various progs free on google for showing the password under the stars. As for the cd for the modem give its full details. Mine is a netgear and you can download its set up prog from them. If your wireless router is from talktalk they should be able to send you a new cd or point you to a download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?