TalkTalk Spam filter

shellship 22:05 13 Oct 2010

I have been with Lineone.net/Tiscali for years. I've had lots of spam which Mailwasher has managed easily. Now, all of a sudden there is virtually no spam (good news)but nowt on the TT website about what has been removed. How do I know whether TT's filter has removed something it decides is spam but which, for me, is not?

northumbria61 22:24 13 Oct 2010

Have you checked your Spam or Trash folder on the TT website - you normally have to open a message in this folder - then a "Not Spam" box should pop up for you. I hope I am on the correct track here for your query.

woodchip 23:38 13 Oct 2010

TT use Aol Mail and there is a dedicated Spam Folder without having to click messages. well that's how it works for me

shellship 15:54 15 Oct 2010

Thanks for replies. All seems to be fairly OK now but the TT site is as slow as old boots. Finding things in apparently empty mail boxes takes for ever but there are things there ven though it says not.

Muergo 18:18 15 Oct 2010

TalkTalk steer you towards AOL because they own a chunk of it, possibly all by now, but AOL has the worst reputation on most surveys, I use Outlook Express which is the only other one TT accepts (so they tell me) but will have to change when I put in W7, but will go to Windows Mail then.

woodchip 15:49 16 Oct 2010

I use Aol Mail and never had a Problem with it, mine started out life as Netscape Mail and was Bought out by Aol. I also am on TalkTalk 8 Meg BB will be getting a Free upgrade to 20 Meg soon as BT are putting in Optic fibre cables with up to 20 meg speed

GaT7 19:16 16 Oct 2010

shellship, read this at ISPReview click here - also contains 5 pages of user comments lower down. G

shellship 12:37 17 Oct 2010

Many thanks for useful, if sad, link. Both my wife and I just do not know if any useful emails have disappeared into TT's black hole. What a way to run a business.

GaT7 12:43 17 Oct 2010

"I just do not know if any useful emails have disappeared into TT's black hole."

shellship, I've the same concerns & have surely lost several useful messages. As expressed by the majority, we would like to be able to sort/block/filter our own spam & not rely one some less-than-perfect default feature to do it for us!

Related PCA thread at click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?