TalkTalk setup

mowthecat 11:42 03 Aug 2006

A colleague has just got Talktalk Broadband and when I was setting it up, it checks the modem - OK, the Network - OK but fails at the Connect to TalkTalk. I've tried it many times, sometimes it fails at the Network test but usually at the Connect to Talktalk stage. When eventually they answered the helpline we were told that we need an ADSL splitter in the line - but we already have these as supplied by them. Is there something else missing - my own setup is the same as theirs and it works fine!!!!

powermax 12:12 03 Aug 2006

i had same problem took 6 days to sort out, problem was i had user name and password. but talktalk never registered them with their server. contact talktalk to make sure user name and password is registered

Stuartli 12:40 03 Aug 2006

I've got the same problem.

I'm using my Sagem [email protected] and found, by accident, that if you use the Internet ADSL shortcut on the desk top you can connect..:-)

The configuration is all correct but only this particular bit works.

I'm still waiting for a Connect and Go CD-ROM, ordered at least twice to date in recent weeks.

Stuartli 12:41 03 Aug 2006

PS

I'm using the latest Sagem modem drivers and you have to select Other when detailing your ISP in the setup menu.

mowthecat 15:31 03 Aug 2006

Thanks - will look into this later.

mowthecat 18:04 03 Aug 2006

Powermax

I can't get as far as the log-in page yet!

Stuartli 18:36 03 Aug 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?