TalkTalk router problem

the hick 18:41 08 Jun 2010

My TalkTalk router was accidentally switched off this morning, and since switching on again, my PC which uses TalkTalk to connect is doing very little, it refuses to connect. The other PC on same router, uses Orange to connect through the TT router, is OK. I am puzzled. Any ideas why one PC is not happy? Any advice appreciated.

T I M B O 18:52 08 Jun 2010

Turn off all the computers then reboot the router, wait till all the lights on the router are stable then boot up each pc in turn, that might help.

Best of luck !!

howard64 19:08 08 Jun 2010

often just rebooting the pc will solve the problem if not a reboot of the router should do it.

the hick 19:20 08 Jun 2010

I tried to restore settings to an earlier time, pc restarts, then all I have now is the screen background, all the icons etc have gone. Never had this happen before.

T I M B O 19:25 08 Jun 2010

If you did a system restore then you can undo that last system restore. Bit like breaking an egg with a sledge hammer lol.

the hick 19:31 08 Jun 2010

How can I undo the restore when all I have is a blank screen? Bit stuck here.

T I M B O 19:33 08 Jun 2010

Try safe mode. Restart pc and keep pressing F8 and boot into safe mode. You might be able to get into windows that way.

the hick 19:39 08 Jun 2010

It says 'please select boot device' - should this be the hard drive? Never been here before.

the hick 20:00 08 Jun 2010

All icons suddenly reappeared, panic over. Thankyou all for advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone