TalkTalk internet problem

Shark boy 08:23 02 May 2009

hi again ladies and gentlemen,
My Grandad's pc (always has some problems) has lost his internet connection. Not entirely, but it says that it doesn't recognise his login credentials. Tried to change them, but we still can't get on to any other page. TalkTalk helpline haven't rung back yet - can any of you help?

ened 08:32 02 May 2009

I suggest he creates a new account, being extremely careful as he enters his details.

If he still can't log in it is probably a problem with the server and I would be inclined to call them rather than wait for a call back.

I am with AOL and the helpline is free, so I'm guessing it is for Talk Talk as well.

cocteau48 09:13 02 May 2009

Phone Talktalk and ask for your problem to be escalated to second line technical support.
You will be given a reference number and told that you can call them about 10 minutes after your original call.
All calls are,of course,free.

Stuartli 09:50 02 May 2009

The log-in user name and password for TalkTalk is provided in the welcome pack when you first sign up.

The user name is your phonenumber @talktalk.net (delete space when typing it in) and the password comprises letters and numbers (letters in u/l).

If you telephone 0870 0875 562 (free on the TalkTalk phone line used for broadband), an automated response will reveal the user name and password.

Note that for acceptance into the My Account section of TT's website, you use your e-mail address and chosen password, NOT the broadband log-in details.

Stuartli 09:53 02 May 2009

Further to above, unless you ring from the phone used for broadband by your relative, as you have probably realised, the user name and password will not be those required..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?