TalkTalk email not downloading

cowgirl66 20:58 10 Jun 2010

I am asking for help on behalf of a friend of mine who uses TalkTalk. She is using Outlook Express with Windows XP. Sending email is no problem but she cannot download any emails into her inbox, the process is so slow it eventually comes to a stop. She now has more than 60 emails lined up and this number rises with each day. We have checked all the server settings and they are correct. TalkTalk can't find the problem and have been of little help over the phone. I suggested trying to use the TalkTalk webmail instead of Outlook Express but still it was extremely slow and came to a stop. She is very frustrated with it and we can't find the answer. Can anyone in here offer up suggestions we could try?

Regards cowgirl66

Sea Urchin 22:35 10 Jun 2010

"I suggested trying to use the TalkTalk webmail instead of Outlook Express but still it was extremely slow"

When using webmail you are not downloading any mail - so what exactly was extremely slow?

woodchip 23:31 10 Jun 2010

I think TalkTalk uses Aol Aim Mail like I use. Try google to Aim Mail then try "email address and user password in Log on"

woodchip 23:33 10 Jun 2010

this one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017