talktalk email login

bobatnorthway 22:35 11 Jul 2006

I am having real problems setting up a friends email account with talk talk, I can log into the account using the username & password supplied, I have also registered 2 other more personal names and accompanying passwords, yet whenever I try to log in they are not recognised, I have sent emails to both addresses to activate the accounts but I am unable to log in to receive them, any ideas, there support page is no help

terryf 05:01 12 Jul 2006

Use a better ISP

p;3 10:15 12 Jul 2006

are you trying to acccess them via their web mail page or via oe or outlook ?

p;3 18:53 13 Jul 2006

it is best to discuss the progress or not of this matter on the thread please so others can also participate in the discussion ; are you having problems logging into the actual web mail itself? or is the problem with the OE trying unsuccessfully to pick up the mails?

lotvic 01:43 14 Jul 2006

set up Outlook Express account to collect email
Servers
incoming mail server: POP3
Incoming mail [POP3]: mail.talktalk.net
Outgoing mail[SMTP]: smtp.talktalk.net

Account name: *whatever you chose*@talktalk.net
Password: *whatever you chose* note this is different to the Accounts Password that talktalk gave you
-------
Webmail logon
Account name: *whatever you chose*@talktalk.net
Password: *whatever you chose* note this is different to the Accounts Password that talktalk gave you

Hope this helps you.

bobatnorthway 22:21 14 Jul 2006

Thankyou lotvic for your advice & I will do as you suggest and set it up through outlook express but I still dont understandh how I have gone wrong with the webmail? but will not spend more time fretting about it thankyou for you advice.

lotvic 00:50 15 Jul 2006

read this page on how to access talktalk webmail
click here there shouldn't be a prob. let us know how you get on.

p;3 08:55 15 Jul 2006

please do not be afraid to put your comments on open forum so all members can see the discusion; that is what the forum is here for;

"The problem is logging onto their web mail from their home pageI have succesfully created an email adress and password using the default address given, but when I enter the new address and password, all I get is address not recognised, for the address to be activated someone hasto post a message to it, this has been done, but I am unable log into the webmail to read anything sent, "

a thought; are you sure the web page IS on line?

and are you sure you are entering the e mail address corectly? one character wrong and it will fail !! did you make a note of the new addresses so you can check them?

p;3 09:00 16 Jul 2006

have you managed to sort this problem yet; ? please post back and let us know how we may able to help

packettracer 14:44 27 Jul 2006

Sadly you are just one of many talk talk customers having the same problem & of course tied to an 18 month contract as well.

You may have to get used to poor service for a while.

justkevin 18:07 02 Dec 2006

I am having the same problem with email ,despite setting it up as advised above,I just repeated pop ups to enter password even though I have changed the password this still happens.I am able to receive email but not send it.My email is with Onetel which I get via Outlook Express from Talktalk.The settings are exactly as described above.I have tried Talktalk help who tell me I've done everything properly so it ....should work...famous last words

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?